Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ode to Picasa

I had grand plans to sew matching bedding for Scarlett and her little sister, as they will be sharing a room. Sadly, bedrest squashed those plans. My solution is to use items I already have and purchase a few others (trying to stay on a budget) to make it come together before the little one arrives.

My walls are grey with white molding and I plan to use shades of reds and pinks in the room. Then, I wondered what pops of lemon yellow would add. With Picasa (Google's free photo program), I simply take screenshots of what I like and have, crop them, and put them into a collage to help get an idea of what colors and elements would look together.

I love how Picasa allows me to do all the planning right from bed. Download the free program HERE.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, looks so cute!

    Sorry to hear about the bedrest. I'm sure that's no fun! Hope you can find some fun things to do! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. reds and pink with hints of lemon yellow sound fantastic! reminds me of strawberry/raspberry lemonade! I think you're onto something here... :)

    ReplyDelete

Question or comment? I'd love to hear it!